Casa de la Guerra
Located in the heart of downtown Santa Barbara, Casa de la Guerra is centrally located near many attractions and hotels, just steps from State Street. Using materials and building methods similar to its original construction, the Casa has been restored to its original appearance during the time Presidio Commandant José de la Guerra and his family resided there, between 1828 and 1858. The courtyard offers strings of lights for ambiance, decomposed granite flooring in an open courtyard, and easy access for vendors/rental companies. Use of a prep kitchen, restrooms, and storage room on site is also available.
Facility supervisor, access to a nearby parking lot on weekends (34 spaces with advance notice and approval), one restroom per gender, and use of a prep kitchen and storeroom located onsite. Docent guided tours of Casa de la Guerra interior museum space and a privacy fence are also available for additional fee.
$2,600 - Ten (10) hour rental ($200 for each additional hour)
$1,000 - Refundable damage/security deposit
Optional $100 for a docent tour of the museum
Non-profit and co-sponsorship rates available, please email for more information.
How to Rent Casa de la Guerra
1. Check availability and complete rental agreement (email)
2. Return rental agreement reservation form with a $500 non-refundable deposit
3. Return rental/fee balance, security deposit, and proof of insurance.
SBTHP will only accept checks. Forms and payments must be submitted in person or by mail to:
Facilities Rental Coordinator
Santa Barbara Trust for Historic Preservation (SBTHP)
123 East Canon Perdido Street
Santa Barbara, CA 93101
Casa de la Guerra is located at 15 East De la Guerra Street, Santa Barbara, California