Casa de la Guerra

Located in the heart of downtown Santa Barbara, Casa de la Guerra is centrally located near many attractions and hotels. Using materials and building methods similar to its original construction, the Casa has been restored to its original appearance during the time Presidio Commandant José de la Guerra and his family resided there, between 1828 and 1858. The courtyard offers strings of lights for ambiance, decomposed granite flooring in an open courtyard, and easy access for vendors/rental companies. Use of a prep kitchen, restrooms, and storage room on site is also available.

 

Casa de la Guerra is located at:

15 East De la Guerra Street Santa Barbara, CA 93101 Driving Directions

 

We Provide: Facility supervisor, access to a nearby parking lot on weekends (34 spaces with advance notice and approval), one restroom per gender, and use of a prep kitchen and storeroom located onsite. Docent guided tours of Casa de la Guerra interior museum space and a privacy fence are also available for additional fee.

 

Rental Rates:

$2,600 for ten hours ($200 each additional hour)

$1,000 refundable damage/security deposit

Optional $100 for a docent tour of the museum

 

Non-profit and co-sponsorship rates available. Email Facility Rental Coordinator for more information.

 

How to rent Casa de la Guerra for your event:

1.  Check availability and complete rental agreement (Email Facility Rental Coordinator)

2.  Return rental agreement reservation form with a $500 non-refundable deposit

3.  Return rental/fee balance, security deposit, and proof of insurance.

 

All forms and payments must be submitted in person or by mail to:

ATTN: Facilities Rental Coordinator

Santa Barbara Trust for Historic Preservation (SBTHP)

123 East Canon Perdido Street

Santa Barbara, CA 93101

 

**SBTHP will only accept checks

© 2019 Santa Barbara Trust for Historic Preservation. All rights reserved. A 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization.

Beautiful atmospheres!

Photo by Clint Weisman